Standard of Behavior
Acredita CI requires the highest behavior standards from its directors and employees and from the external professionals that participate in the evaluation and accreditation processes of programs and degrees of the Higher Education that are entrusted to this Agency. All those who participate in such processes on behalf of Acredita CI shall subscribe the texts of the Policy of Conflict of Interests and the Code of Ethics that are shown next. Acredita CI requires an ethical behavior by each one of the members of its organization and the external professionals involved in the execution of the mission of Acredita CI. The organization requires that each member of its organization and each external professional show the highest standards of professionalism, honesty and integrity. The services rendered by Acredita CI require quality, impartiality, equanimity and efficiency. Acredita CI will only use staff of its own and external professionals who are suitable to fulfill the different functions that this Agency must carry out.
Policy of Conflict of Interests of Acredita CI
Acredita CI will maintain standards and procedures that ensure the proper professional and ethical behavior of its staff and associates, who will have to communicate the possible conflicts of interests that may exist without the ability to participate in the appropriate deliberations or decisions, in order to guarantee the credibility of the accreditation processes and the trust in the decisions made by the Directory, Accreditation Council, members of commissions, presidents of committees, Evaluation Peers or employees.
Some conflicts of interests can arise: in the last 5 years there has been a narrow and active relationship with the program or Institution that has requested the opinion of Acredita CI. A narrow and active relationship includes: to hold a post as a faculty member, office worker or consultant in the Institution or program; having applied to a position in the Institution or program; having been a student in the Institution; having received a honorary degree from the Institution; having relatives with up to two grades of kinship or affinity who study or are employees of the Institution or program; or an official ad honorem relationship with the Institution, such as, being a member of some council of the institution.
For the purposes of handling potential conflicts of interests, the Agency will use the procedure that is detailed next:
- Those that represent Acredita CI will sign a declaration of conflict of interests and confidentiality, indicating that they have read and understand both these policies and the standards of the Code of Ethics of this Agency, that they accept them and that they formally commit to respect them in full. This declaration will contain a list of the potential conflicts of interests that could arise.
- This declaration will be evaluated by the Council of Accreditation of the Agency in order to decide, on a case by case basis, whether a disqualification is reasonable or not.
- The directors of Acredita CI S.A. and the employees of the Agency will be entitled to act as observers in an evaluation visit, but not as evaluators or presidents of committees.
- Any member of the Council of Accreditation of this Agency that has participated as member of an evaluation committee may not be present in the session of the Council of Accreditation while the evaluation carried out by said committee is being analyzed and a resolution is passed on the respective accreditation.
- A record of conflict of interests will be kept for all those that are related with the accreditation processes.
- Any person shall refrain from comprising the corresponding party and attending any meeting of Acredita CI that may touch upon topics or decisions where a conflict of interests exists.
- A record will be kept of the names of people who have excused themselves from a meeting of deliberation or decision due to a conflict of interests.
Code of Ethics of Acredita CI
The directors and employees of Acredita CI and the external professionals that participate in the evaluation and accreditation processes of programs and degrees of the Higher Education that are entrusted to this Agency, should carry out their activities according with the guides of ethical behavior that are detailed next:
- They agree to accept the responsibility of making accreditation decisions consistent with the approaches approved by Acredita CI. The programs will not be accredited if they don’t fulfill the approaches established for such an effect by this Agency for a specific program or career.
- They agree to execute their services only in the areas of their respective competencies. All those involved in the activities of Acredita CI will be in charge of accreditation tasks only if they are qualified in the specific field in consideration.
- They agree to act on behalf of Acredita CI avoiding any conflict of interests and informing them, in the event they exist, to the organs of this Agency that correspond. All those involved in activities of Acredita CI:
- Will avoid any conflict of interests when they represent Acredita CI in any situation.
- Will reveal any potential or known conflict of interests that could influence their decisions or the quality of their services.
- Will avoid taking charge of assignments or participating in discussions that knowingly could create a potential conflict of interests between them and Acredita CI, or between them and the institutions that require program accreditation.
- Will avoid procuring or accepting a favorable direct or indirect treatment, from the people or institutions in charge of programs.
- Must inform Acredita CI if they have served as consultants in accreditation matters corresponding to a program or institution.
- They agree to:
- Treat as confidential the information they receive in the course of their interventions as agents of Acredita CI, and under no circumstance will they make use of this information as a means to obtain any personal profit.
- If they must make any declarations, either public or private, these should only be made in an objective and truthful way.
- Behave according to the most demanding norms regarding honesty, responsibility, competency and education. Help in the professional development of their peers and collaborators and support them in the execution of the Code of Ethics.
- Continue their personal development throughout their services with Acredita CI and facilitate and participate in activities for the professional and ethical development.
- On the other hand Acredita CI accepts the following commitments:
- Acredita CI will facilitate the wide spreading of the Code of Ethics among its directors and employees and external professionals that participate in the evaluation and accreditation processes of programs and careers.
- Acredita CI will provide training in the use and understanding of the Code of Ethics to all its directors and employees and external professionals.
- Acredita CI will maintain a procedure that allows a quick and fair decision in the event of complaints for the violation of the Code of Ethics.
© Nº 167.963