The establishment a national system for quality assurance of higher education authorize accreditation agencies of degrees and programs.
Extract Law 20.129
Article 26. – The accreditation of professional and technical degrees and programs will be carried out by national, foreigner and international institutions, known as accreditation agencies, authorized according to the rules of the current section.
This accreditation has the objective of certifying the quality of degrees and programs offered by the autonomous higher education institutions, according to the purposes declared by the institution and national and international standards of every profession or discipline according to the corresponding project of academic development.
The accreditation processes are voluntary and, during its development, the authorized agencies and the Commission must protect the autonomy of every institution.
The accreditation of degrees and undergraduate programs will be valid up to seven years, according to the degree of compliance of the assessment criteria.
Article 28. – The accreditation process of degrees and programs will be carried out based on two assessment parameters:
- Graduation Profile of the corresponding degree or program. The definition of the graduation profile must consider the development and update state of scientific, disciplinary or technologic fundaments that underlie the training given and fundamental guidance that comes from the mission statement and purposes and aims of the institution.
- The resources and minimum processes that ensure the compliance of the graduation profile established for the corresponding degree or program. In this way, curricular structure, human resources, teaching and learning support elements, teaching method and educational aspects, infrastructure and physical resources must be arranged according to that specific profile.
Article 34. – The Commission is responsible of the authorization and supervision of the proper operation of the accreditation agencies of programs and master degree programs and health area specialties, based on the requirements and operation conditions established by proposal of a certified undergraduate and post graduate advisory committee. Such requirements and operation conditions must consider, at least, the following elements:
- Explicit definition of the objectives of the agency, considering the cultural and historical context. Quality assurance must be a central activity of the agency and its purposes must be expressed through clear politics and a defined management plan.
- The existence and application of proper mechanisms that guarantee the independence of its judgements and those from the evaluators.
- The suitability of resources, both human resources and financial resources, according to the tasks they perform.
- The existence and application of assessment criteria that are equivalent, essentially, to those defined by the Commission.
- The existence and application of procedures that are replicable and verifiable. They also must consider, at least, one stage of self-assessment and one stage of external evaluation.
- Marketing mechanisms and transparency of criteria and assessment procedures, which must be known by the institutions and must guarantee a non-discriminatory behavior.
- The existence and application of mechanisms that guarantee that the external evaluation form assessment teams according the requirements of the evaluated programs, that they do not have conflict of interest, that they received the proper training and that they will act with independence.
- The existence and application of proper diffusion mechanism of its decisions.
- The existence of periodic reviewing operation mechanisms.
- The existence of cooperation mechanisms with other agencies of quality assurance and update of functions, involvement national and international context.
Acredita CI has defined application of assessment criteria that are equivalent, essentially, to those defined by the Commission. See Accreditation Criteria.
|Law 20.129 National System for Quality Assurance of Higher Education||See pdf|
|Regulation Agencies Exempt Resolutions DJ N° 013-4||See pdf|
|Regulation Agencies Exempt Resolutions DJ N° 016-4||See pdf|
|Authorization Resolution N° 92||See pdf|
|Authorization Resolution N° 98||See pdf|
|Authorization Resolution N° 114||See pdf|